Saturday, February 7, 2009

Funny Things My Kids Say--Part 4

I had a great morning today.

After waking early, I read the paper in bed and worked on today's crossword then lazily drifted back to sleep. Later I woke up to the smell of fresh coffee, biscuits, sausage/gravy, and eggs. Yum! We migrated into the living room after breakfast and I drank a second cup of coffee while we all made fun of the Brady Bunch episode that Todd had stopped on while flipping through channels.

The Brady Bunch episode was the one where the boys found a wallet full of money. After telling their parents, they learned that the "right" thing to do would be to turn it into the police and try to return it to the rightful owner. They hoped nobody would claim it because they found that, after a period of time, the cash would become legally theirs! Mr. Brady, however, was a resourceful man and decided to run an ad in the paper. Lo and behold, the owner was able to describe the wallet and its contents then pick it up.

The acting is so awful. We laughed that we didn't realize how cheesy it was when we were kids. Our children all watched and even chuckled--at the hair, clothes, bad dialogue, etc. When it was over, I said that each episode had a moral lesson. Todd chimed in that, yes, the Brady Bunch had certainly helped raise him. I turned to my oldest daughter and asked, "What moral lesson did you learn, Tana?" in a cheeky tone with a grin on my face. In a very dry voice, my sweet child said, "When you find a wallet, don't tell your parents."

Aahhhhh...another glorious morning in the Tyler household...

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, that sounds like something one of mine might say.
    I do think we were sort of raised and learned from the Brady Bunch as well .. that and Love Boat, which is probably not quite as good af an example :0)

    ReplyDelete