Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Funny Things My Kids Say: Part 2

I was going through my files today and found this list that I compiled at some point in the past.

When Heath was a little guy…
Me: Old McDonald had a farm. EIEIO. And on this farm he had a
Heath: Pig
Me: EIEIO. With an oink, oink here (etc.) …and on this farm he had a
Heath: Duck
Me: EIEIO. With an quack, quack here (etc.) …and on this farm he had a
Heath: Turtle
Me: EIEIO. With a hmmmmm. Heath, what does a turtle say?
Heath: Cowabunga Dude!

The twins with Grandma Mostrom at age 3 or 4…
Annie: When I grow up I’m going to be a star.
Andy: Well, I’m going to be the moon!

Tana to Casy on the 4th of July at about age 6 or 7 after years of watching the son-in-laws shoot off the potato gun every time they were all in Hugoton…
"I love fireworks day! I love potato day!"

The twins riding with me in the car at age 6…
Annie: When I grow up I’m going to be a veterinarian.
Andy: Annie, you’ll have to eat lots of vegetables!

On the way to the waterpark when the twins were 8…
Andy: Why do we have belly buttons?
Me: (lengthy discussion about the connection of the baby to the mother followed by) Everyone that was born has a belly button.
Annie: So did Adam and Eve have belly buttons?
Followed by silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment